Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bastille Day, July 14 2009



The scary evil eiffel tower!!



Ok.... So I am a little behind on my blog... so what? NOW i am really updating all of you.

So Bastille day was definitely a very interesting day!! I was working during the day so I arranged with a bunch of people to meet up after work and we would all go to the Eiffel tower together. I thought we would be maybe 4 or 5 but we ended up being around 20. It was so awesome. One of the kids at the hostel decided to make a whole bunch of pasta and charge 2 euros a plate for anyone who wanted to eat before the fireworks. It was a fantastic idea because it got all the group interacting and getting to know each other... by the time it was time to go all the people were friends.
Once we got to the trocadero, we all sat down in a circle. We got there pretty early so there was not a lot of people. We had about 3 hours to wait. People brought beers and some of them were even singing songs. It was very interesting because when you looked at our circle of kids.... there were SOOO many different nationalities Americans, mexicans, canadians, english, chinese, danish, finnish, spanish, french... and so on. We were cool. Actually, I think we were that annoying group that everyone thinks is way too loud and obnoxious but secretly wishes they could be part of :P People were even coming in to join our group. I was wearing my Montreal Canadians t-shirt that night, and some guy comes up to me and asks me if im canadian, turns out he was also canadian and was there alone and when he saw my shirt he wanted to join our group so he came to see me. All in all we had such an amazing time. It was so nice to be surrounded by all these awesome and interesting people. It was fantastic.
The fireworks were brilliant. They were just unbelievably beautiful. La Ronde's got nothing on this. Oh godddddd it was amazing. I will do what I can to post the video. I hope that it will work.
The firworks lasted for 30 mins. The only bad thing was that near the end, useless losers decided it would be funny to start pushing the crowd... so a bunch of people including me and the gang got pushed and we all nearly fell down. It just wasnt cool cuz then everyone was pushed onto others and a little girl who was on her dads shoulder was crying bloody murder and it was just not a nice atmosphere. People just dont have anything to do. It was sooooo crowed that it took over one hour to get back in the metro... really it was awful. We though we would be smart and walk to another metro stop... but apparently a lot of other people thought they were smart too. What a big traffic jam. What a mess!!!
It definitely was a great experience. Bastille day is awesome!!! Not a lot of drunk people like on quebec day or canada day. Not that quebec day and canada day is bad, it was just different.



The Gang Fireworks!More Fireworks!

No comments: