Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Alright Alright! Part DEUX!

Ok.... all my german kids are all served and getting ready to go back to Germany...
So yeah Athens.... I enjoyed it even though it was freaky at night and not what I expected. I dont think i was as disappointed as Mylene because she had been wanting to go there for so long... I guess her expectations were higher than mine. Our hostel was an absolute dump though. It was located right in the center which is the only positive thing. It was a 10 minute walk from the main square... which had a HUGE flea market and a lot of restaurants. You could also get a nice view of the Parthenon!
The window from our hostel would not close and our room was infested with mosquitos. The first night I could barley sleep because I was getting picked all night long. I had huge bites. My sister had quite a bit herself. The last night we did not sleep AT ALL... we tried... but I was so itchy that I turned on the light to find out that my sister was also wide awake.. so we decided to just stay up as we had to wake up at 5:30 anyways to catch our ferry to Santorini. The only good thing was the friendly staff!!!! The walls were falling apart abd the shower was moldy! MMmmMm Lovely!!
Santorini was living in a dream. It was BEAUTIFUL! It was everything I expected from greek islands and even MORE! The white typical greek houses with the flowers and the blue doors.
Our hostel consisted of 2 bedrooms with beds in each room a kitchen, a tv, an amazing bathroom. The hostel in itself had a pool a bar, the possibility to watch DVD's in your room, and a 2 minute walk from the beach.. and all that for 12 euro per person per night. It was a joke!!!!! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!
We rented 4 wheelers and rode around the island, we spent time at the beach, we hiked up an active volcano, we swam in a hot spring, we rode on a boat, saw the most beautiful sunset ever, we relaxed, we tanned, we ate amazing food... I drank a pina colda on the beach... really?? how truly truly amazing!!!! Exactly what we needed to end our vacation. The staff at the hostel was phenomenal... helped make the experience even better!!!!!!!!! The only bad thing about Greece in general is there's a lot of stray dogs.. and that just breaks MY HEART!! it was so sad. Each time we saw one mimi and I were telling each other... no wait... he belongs to this person... oh he is just waiting here because his owner is over there.. you know... the kind of thing to make us feel better... because wow did we feel bad.
I would recommend this to EVERYONE! EVVEEERRYOOONNNEEE!! it is so relaxing and so good!! I would definitely.. and WILL definitely go back!!
Im sure that the majority of you who are reading this blog have access to facebook.. so if you are curious I posted a whole bunch of pictures for every place I visited. GO TAKE THE LOOOOOK!
So all in all it was an amazing adventure.. another one that i will remember for as long as i live.
It was great to see my sister and I was really sad to see her go!!!! Luckily my friend gilles was there to keep me company!!!!
SO GO GO!! GO LOOK AT MY PICTURES!!
Hope all is well.....
and i will TRY to keep this more up to date.. just like i keep promising but never do....
Much love to all
Hope everyone is well!!
Hope the snow hold up back in canada!! haha!!
Here it is cold.. but still no snow...!!! Hopefully there wont be ANY!! I WANT A WARM WINTER!!!

No comments: