Monday, June 29, 2009

Amsterdam

AMSTERDAM!!!!
I had so much fun!!! It felt so good to leave even if it was just for 3 days. Everyone is so stressed out and in a hurry in Paris that it felt good to be somewhere calm where everyone rides there bike like there is not one worry in the world!!!!
I got to Amsterdam on Thursday morning and was suppose to meet up with my friend CJ and his 2 friends, Steve and Dan, but finally their plane only arrived Friday morning, so I spent the day walking around. I visited the Amsterdam History Museum thinking it would be so interesting. BOY was I wrong. It was so boring that I was falling asleep while walking. It was more of an art museum than anything else. I thought it would be very interesting seeing as Amsterdam has so much WWII history. Wow, what a disappointment! I did a 3 floor exhibition in 30 mins. I then went back to my hostel to find out that I was alone in an 8 bed bedroom. I was a little bummed because I was hoping to meet people and hang out with them so I wouldn't be alone all night long. I ended up going to the little bar at my hostel and talking with a guy from Australia for a few hours and then a Canadian guy joined our conversation. It was a lot of fun. A lot of interesting conversations. We had a few beers.... ok a lot of beers... so much that I will skip ahead til the next morning..........
So I woke up on Friday morning around 11 am. I right away went to meet up with Cj and his friends. It sure was nice to see CJ again. I hadn't seen him since October. It was great great great! It was also VERY nice to meet his 2 friends, Dan and Steve. Like CJ, they are reallly awesome. People that are way too much fun to hang out with, just like every other American that I know. After dropping their things at their hostel, we went to the Heineken Experience. It was a lot different then the last time I went, 2 years ago with Mimi. It is such an interesting museum, very interactive and informative. We spent atleast 2 hours there just because there is SOOO much to see, to read, to do, to watch. After that we went to have some food and we hung out around town until it got dark and then we went to the red light district. The red light district.. is the red light district.. you walk the street once and you are done. There is not much more to do... unless you know.... and well NOPE... not for me... thanx butno thanx ;) We continued walking around Amsterdam then called it an early night because they were jet lagged.. and I was still a little hung over... ;)
The next day we went to the Amsterdam Dungeon. That is a sort of museum that explains the dark and horrible history of Amsterdam in a live, interactive show. IT IS SO AWESOME!!! They do a really good job scaring the crap out of you!! Wow! That lasted quite a while also. After that we did some more walking and CJ and I went to have lunch so we could catch up. It was nice to have some alone time with CJ!!! Talking about the time he came to visit me in Montreal, the time I visited him in the states, about hockey.. (Go Habs go). I unfortunately had to leave right after because I had a train to catch at 4:20. So I gathered my stuff and went to say bye to Dan and Steve. Although it was sad to say bye, it was nice to know that in a few days they would be coming to stay with me in Paris!!!
I was sooooo tired that I slept the ENTIRE train ride... I mean the ENTIRE!!!!!! When I got home my roomate was there so I got to tell him all about my trip. I am so lucky to have a roomate like Jesper! I wish I would have moved in with him before!!! I will be sad when he leaves at the end of July! :(
So here are a few pictures.



Alright so because this is my third time in Amsterdam, I did not take any scenary pictures because I pretty much saw it all, therefore the following 2 pictures were taken by CJ. This is at Vondel Park.
Another picture by CJ.

Me and 007 at the Heinken Museum!




So these are my boys Dan (left) Steve (Middle) and CJ (right) in front of the Heineken Museum! A LOT of fun!!!
F.Y.I.... I got my computer fixed. I went to a store called the FNAC which specializes in electronics and I was able to buy a new wire for my computer. It DID cost me 100 euros... but its an adapter that is good for ALL computers as it has different plugs that fit all types of computers .It also has a USB plug to charge my IPOD.... so.. I guess its not bad. Anyways its better than buying a new computer and it was very useful for my roomate as his wire was also messed up and because I had all the different plugs, I was able to find the plug to fit his computer.. saved him quite a bit of money!!! :)
The guy who works 5 days a week at my job decided that he would quit and not tell anyone.... so now I have to do the following 2 weeks non stop, until the new guys starts. Which is not that bad because next week my boss will not be there. She is going on vacation and leaving me the responsibility of doing all the planning for the rooms. It seems like she really trusts me now.... as opposed to before where she didnt want me to work one day alone. haha! I also started working at the Peace and Love hostel. Inititally I was working 1 day shit, 1 night shift at the bar and 2 sleeping shifts. But because the Peace and Love and the Friends hostel are hostels that belong to one family, the boss at the peace and love asked me if i could do him a favoir and help out his mother and do the following 2 weeks at Friends Hostel. Because I want to work at his hostel, the Peace and Love so bad... I kind of felt like I had no choice but to say yes. So I work the next 2 weeks and then I will go back to working atleast 1 or 2 shifts at the Peace and love hostel and 4 or 5 shifts at the friends hostel. It will be awesome. As long as I can do one shift at the Peace and Love hostel so I can stay on the pay role... hopefully one day they will ask me to do more when the situation at friends hostel is better. I am kind of excited about the following 2 weeks.... just because I will make so much money!!!! She doesn't really bother me all that much anymore because i'm meeting sooo many interesting people at this hostel that it makes up for her being a total bi^&h.... hehehe!!!
Apart from that all is well. Today it was 35 degrees in Paris. It was so warm.. so nice!! Too bad I was stuck inside working. People would come in the hostel and I thought they had just went for a swim. With their big backpacks... it has to be wayyy warm.
I hope that the weather is as nice back home as it is here. I hope that everyone is doing good!! I also hope that some of you are planning on coming to come and visit me!! :)
Love you!!!
Gen

No comments: