Tuesday, June 9, 2009

oh la la!

Well hello hello!!
Why is it that I STILL have not been writing regularly on my blog?? Gosh... so much has been happening!!!
I decided to move out of my apt because the living situation with my roomate was just not a positive one. When I first moved in, I told him that I would sometimes have visitors from back home sleeping at the apt (in my room)... he told me it was fine, that it was not a problem because the guy before use to have people over all the time. There was only ONE rule... don't be too noisy. So because i'm such a respectful person.. when my friend came over.. we didn't even say one word except for good night... the next morning he told me he didn't like it.... that he didn't want me to have people over anymore.. and blablabla...hmm... okay? well.. I already told some friends from Montreal that they could come stay with me for 2-3 days... they are my friends.. I don't want to send them in a hotel, I woud feel like a cheapo. Anyways... he was weird.... I don't want to be living in an apt with a 42 year old guy wearing speedos in the middle of the afternoon. NOOOO THANK YOU! So i talked to my friend Jesper and he was still looking for a roomate. WONDERFUL! So i told my roomate that i would be leaving because I didn't "like the neighborhood" which is true, but not THE reason why I moved out. He was really sad and told me to take my time. The next day, he told me all my stuff had to be out.... so much for taking my time haha. So now I am living with my friend Jesper. It is SO much better oh god I can't even begin to explain how much better it is. The apt in itself is soooooo cute!!! It is in a much better neighborhood and Jesper is so much fun to live with. He is more my age so we have a lot more to talk about a lot more in common. So we actually sit down and talk, watch movies together, yesterday we had lunch together with a few friends. SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!! It was definitely a good move and a much needed one. Everything is more positive now that I am living in my new apt. I haven't taken any pictures yet but as soon as I do, I will post them (hopefully it won't be in 2 weeks from now.... SLACKER GEN.. i'm such a slacker.. haha).

Last week, my friend Karen went to Turkey and left me her apt. So between moving out of my apt and moving into my new one, I spent 5 days at her house. So i moved alll my stuff out of my apt into Karen's, and then moved it all to my new apt. I am DONE with moving!! Luckily I had 2 helpers. My friend Antoine and Jahcub. These two guys have been staying at my hostel for the last month so we all became good friends. Jahcub is in Paris recording an album and Antoine is in Paris taking a course. They are really really fun people! The purpose of me staying at Karen's was to get travellers that didnt have hostel reservations to come stay at her house for 25 euro a night. When the hostel was fully booked and people would come in asking for a place, I would offer them to come stay with me at Karen's apt. Everyone enjoyed it and thought it was fantastic. Okay so my hostel is only 18 euros and it was 25 euro to stay at Karens house, but its also MUCH better to stay in a flat than in a hostel. Its a great experience for a tourist to see a real Paris flat and to actually sleep in it. The first night I had a bunch of people from Montreal to sleep there. It was great! I have been meeting SOOOO many people from Montreal lately! I will have a whole new circle of friends when I get back home!! hehe! Anyways, for every person that I brought over to Karen's, she gave me 5 euros. So i ended up making 25 euro, which is pretty sweet considering I didn't have to do much and I got to hang out with cool people.

My friend Sebastien from back home is in Paris right now. Yup he is sleeping on the couch as we speak right now. It was great to see him. It felt good to see someone I knew from back home. I took him to Peace and Love and he had a prety sweet time!!! He stayed with me for 3 nights, then he went to Amsterdam and now he is back for 3 more nights before going back home!!

Work is still ok. I am getting use to her, so her yelling doesn't bother me all that much anymore. I still get pretty tensed up when I see her walking through the door, but other than that its fine. Last week she yelled at me like she hasn't done since I first started working there because people were not out of their rooms by 9 am. Check out time is at 9 am and I tell the clients that when they first check in, I don't understand how she can hold me responsible if they aren't out of their by 9 am. My job is complete when I tell them they need to be out by 9am. She yelled at me (in front of the french canadians that ended up staying with me at Karens apt.) saying I was not doing my job and that it was my responsibility to make sure people leave their rooms by 9 am. So i asked her how she wants me to do that? I said do you want me to go knocking on everyones door at 9 am to tell them all to leave? OUh she didn't like that. So she started yelling some more that it was my responsibility to tell the cleaning guys to tell the people to leave by 9 am. So again I told her... the cleaning guys have been working here for 5 years, they know more than I do when check out time is, if they see someone has still not checked out, I think they are capable of telling them its past their check out time without ME having to tell them right? OH LALA!!! What did I say.. hahaha thats not the way you talk to your boss (thats NOT the way you talk to your employees).... you are not doing your job properly.... BLABLABLABLABLABAL so I said OK then next time I come in for work, i will leave the reception and go knock on all the doors and make sure everyone is gone before 9 ok? and then I walked away. Look at me, not taking crap from her!!! Yay for me!! haha

So in 3 weeks a friend of mine is coming to Europe. He is going to Amsterdam and Paris and he asked me if I wanted to go to Amsterdam with him so I began to think.. and YES I do want to go to amsterdam with him. End of June... it seems like a good time to start travelling. Even though I have been to Amsterdam twice, it will be nice to go back and with some friends too. So I am just waiting for him to give me the exact dates and I will book a hostel and it should be my first little travel destination. Okay originally I wanted to start off with a place I've never been too, but this is a good opportunity, so I will take it!! :) I will keep you guys more informed!!

Well that is about it for now. I have to start getting ready because I am going on a walking tour with my friend karen. She is training me so I can eventually start giving the tours. Make a little money on the side, meet fun people, learn about the history of Paris... WHY NOT!!!!

By the way, my new adress is

33 rue sainte-Marguerite
93500
Pantin, France
premiere etage, Face

... How sad that I don't have PARIS in my adress anymore. And how silly that instead of just putting an apt number you have to specify EXACTLY which apt is your.... so mine is on the first floor... and on the first floor there are 3 apts... one on the left, on the right and in front. Mine is in front.... so premiere etage, Face...... WHY NOT PUT APT NUMBERS!!!!!!!!! Save a lot of time and energy people!!!!
Well I hope that everyone is doing well!! I PROMISE now that I will write more regularly... but everything seems to be stable now.. hahaha
much love to everyone!

No comments: