Monday, June 29, 2009

Paris with CJ, Dan and Steve

It sure was nice to have CJ Dan and Steve-o over for a few days. It gave me the chance to do a bunch of touristy things I haven't done in a long time. Of course because I was doing the training at the Peace and Love, I only got to spend one entire day with them. The first night they got here I was training at the bar so they came to hang out at the bar. They played drinking Jenga, which is really cool because Cj's heard so much about the Peace and Love drinking jenga that he was pretty excited to FINALLY see what the whole fuss was about. Drinking jenga is just like a regular Jenga game except that on the pieces of wood, there are things to do. "All drink" "If you are a girl drink" "If you are from Canada drink" "USA drinks" "If you have dark hair drink" etc..... basically a game to get you good and drunk!! :) After my shift was over we went home and we all crammed into my small apt (That just reminds me I havent posted pictures of my new apt yet... I will do that soon). It is quite impressive that we were able to all fit into this small apt!! But we managed. The next morning was the touristy day. We went to the Arc de Triumph, Champs Elysees, Place de la Concorde, Louvre, Jardin des Tuileries, the 2 palaces, Trocadero, Eiffel Tower.. wow wow wowwwww!!! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN and the weather was sooo perfect!!! I would say it was a perfect day. It just reminded me how fantastic Paris is and it made me LOVE Paris all over again. Not that I didn't love it anymore but its refreshing to go back to all the beauty sites Paris has to offer!!!! :) I am glad I went with them!!! That night I did more bar training and the guys went out to other bars. The next day I was training for the day shift, the evening shift and the night shift.... So I basically spent from 1 pm to 9 am at the Peace and Love and I was not tired one bit just because it is so much fun. It is NEVER boring at the Peace and Love! EVER!
The guys went to see the catacombs and Versailles Castle. They seemed to have a good time. The next morning they came to see me at the Peace and Love at 6 right before walking to Gare du Nord to catch their train to Germany. NOW I was really sad to see them go because I don't even know when I will see them next. I will definitely have to go to New Jersey to see them when I get back!!! Them and all my other friends from the states!!

Here are a few pictures


Dan (left) CJ (middle) Steve-o (right) KICK ASS AMERICANS!
Peace and Love Crew..!!

The louvre.. because its just so beautiful!



And again...




and again....



Way awesome picture of us standing undre the eiffel tower!


Sometimes I forget that I am in France until I see a France flag. It always makes me feel warm inside when i see one of them!




Eiffel tower.. again.. because its just THAT beautiful!



Awesome picture of the Eiffel tower!


So I don't know what time the sun sets back home, but right now it is 22:34 and it is still light out. Its quite incredible.. a lot of fun except that I should go to bed because I work very early... but it is hard to go to bed when it is still light outside. I feel like I should be outside doing something!
oh... R.I.P Michael Jackson. I still can't believe it. Each time I think about it I still get goosebumps.. :(
Hope all is well!
Much love to everyone!!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy !! is that ever beautiful!! Gen ...I envy you soooooo much!!
This is the most wonderful time of your life..you will remember for years to come !! Enjoy the most of it !! Time fly's sooooo fast !!

Love ya !!Auntie Madeleine

Lucie said...

WOW, you are really enjoying yourself. What nice souvenirs you are going to have. Hope one of your souvenirs will be a picture of us together under the Eiffel Tower. We're working on it.

Love you & miss you!!!!!!!!1

Mom
xxx