Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cellphone!

Hey gang!!
Sorry I haven't written in a few days but nothing really exciting, worth mentionning has happened.
Yesterday I went to get my cellphone activated. I decided to go for the Pay-as-you-go option, rather then getting a one year contract because let's face it, who knows what will happen between here and 1 year. I rather not be tied to anything just in case I decide to go travelling rather than staying in Paris (which is not the case for the moment, but who knows).
So my number is 0033 6 65 38 74 62
No one from out of the country has called me so far, so I am not 100% sure that it is actually 0033 before my number, but I asked someone working at an internet place and he told me that's what it was. Hopefully someone will try calling me and I will be able to clarify whether it is that or not. I know it is 33... I am just not certain if it is 033 or 0033... so yeah....

Ok so cellphone (CHECK)

Apartment...... well. Good news. I have visited the apartment my friend Jay suggested. And as of today (April 15), I am starting to move my stuff out of Gilles' house and into my apartment.It is a really ncie apartment. Very big compared to other apartments in Paris I have visited. My room is a little bit bigger than my room back home on Barclay Avenue. The apartment in itself is very well divided. My roomate, Jean-Luc and I have rooms that are on completely opposite sides of the apartment, which is good because I feel like I have more privacy this way. My room also has a fireplace.. OUH LA LA!!! ok... so he hasn't made it work in many years, and I don't think I will either, but hey! It's still a fireplace. The walls are a little bit busted up but nothing that can't be hidden with a few posters and an awesome Heinken flag... and hopefully soon enough, a Habs flag!! :) The room is already all furnished with Jay's old furniture, which means I don't have to buy anything and that is awesome. The apartment is actually in the process of being renovated. My roomate is paying a guy to redo the entire bathroom and to change all the flooring. So it will be messy for a while but once it will be over, it will look beautiful. The apartment building is also being renovated. I guess they are redoing the front surface of it. That will be going on for another 2 months. So because of all this, instead of paying 400 Euros per month, I am only paying 370 and that includes EVERYTHING. Internet, phone, heating electricity. So it's a pretty good deal. One little thing I really enjoy about the apartment is that the toilet and the shower are in different rooms. That will be handy in the morning. The apartment is also on the 5th floor with no elevator. Its quite a journey up.. but I guess I will get use to it!! :)
So, if anyone wants to write to me... or send me stuff
my address is
12 rue d'Aubervilliers
75019
Paris, France
There is no apartment number so make sure to clearly state my last name.
Madeleine, the metro is Stalingrad, Line 2,5,7 if you want to google map it!! :)

so, apartment (CHECK)

Now.. job... ah la la! What a confusing story!!! That woman is just too confused for her own good. I still don't know if I have some steady hours. I got the training done for the computer, to make reservations and respond to e-mails etc. but now she wants to see how well I do with the computer. So on Friday I have to go for one hour. I asked her if I would be getting steady hours soon because if not I would look for something else and she assured me that I would. I know for sure I will be doing 6 days a week ,10 hours a day for 2 weeks in May, when Victor goes on vacation. Also, there is a possibility that Victor will only be working 5 days a week, therefore I would work 1, 10 hours shift a week and have to come in everyday for 2-3 hours in order to do the reservations and answer the e-mails. Which is not too bad, the only thing I really don't enjoy is having to go to work every single day. That means I can't ever leave for the weekend to go anywhere. I am debating whether it is good or not. I worked on my CV yesterday. I think i will start looking for something else. I think it is way too stressful working for her. She screams all the time and makes mistakes and then yells at you because she thinks its your fault. I will see how it is on Friday. If im not feeling it I will go look elsewhere. Ireally want to work in a little grocery store or like a big Zellers / Wal-mart type store. I really want to work at a cash. All I know is I want to figure it out soon!!!! :)
so, Job ( not a check)

Every thing is going really good! Yesterday I went to the restaurant with 2 friends, Tarik and Sebastien. It was just amazing and so random. I was hanging out at the Peace and Love and they walk in ( I had met them a week ago and I had went over to watch a soccer game at their friends house, and we ended up being like 10 people). So we start talking and they were going to eat just a few doors away so they asked me to come. It was probably the most fun i've had so far. The food was delicious and they are just absolutely so funny.... SO funny!! I took some pictures, I will post them later on tonight as now I have to start packing some stuff and start moving.

SO I hope that everyone is doing well!!! I hope the weather in Val-d'Or is better :S
Here it has been so warm, i'm almost afraid of what it will be like in July, August.
I love you all!!
:)
Gen

1 comment:

Lucie said...

Hello my lovely ViVi,

Happy to hear that you like your new apartment and don't let that lady yell at you.

Love you!

Mom
xxx