Monday, April 6, 2009

Pack light...? NO... I PACK HEAVY!


wow... I am super pissed. I have been writing a log for the last Hour, and I somehow managed to lose it. I am NOT happy! Not even just a little bit!
I'm going to nutshell it!!

So, The day is finally here! Excited, at the airport, my family is parking the car, so I figure i'd check my luggage so theres time left for us to have supper. I arrive at the Air Transat counter, NOBODY! SWEEEET! So I arrive with my 2 suitcases, my big back pack, my carry on and my "purse". The dude looks at me and my luggage and asks me if im travelling alone. Um yeah, its going to cost me a lot, I know. I put my stuff on the balance, 61 kg's.
"Um mam, do you know its 24 kg per person and every extra kg is 15 $ your total is 570$?
@&*#*&$&($(@^# ARE YOU $#*&*% KIDDING ME??? 570$???????? Im going for a year, its unreasonable to think I can pack for only 24 kg, there is NOTHING you can do? I paid 360$ for my ticket there is NO WAY i am paying 570 for my luggage.
"nope sorry, actually it use to be 20$ per extra kg"
Well i'm not paying that, so I will deal with some things and come back. By the time I get out of the line, my family arrives and I give them the most horrid look ever. I immidiately open my suitcase and start throwing things in garbage bags my dad had bummed from a cleaning guy. " I don't need this.... I can live without this..... I don't need this.... I need this but I guess I can get it there" I had to part from my Adidas France soccer shoulder bag. My heart fell apart. I have been wearing that bag for a year. I had to make a choice, it was difficult but I did it :( We managed to get rid of a suitcase, stuffing everything in the big suitcase ( Literally having to sit on it to be able to close it) and stuffing some stuff in my carry on as i was allowed a 11 kg carry on.
My sister and I go back to the line my big suitcase weighs 34 kg and my back pack 9 kg.
" Sorry mam, your suitcase can not weigh more than 32 ks as a safety measure for the people who have to carry it to and from the plane..."
ARE YOU #&^#*$$(# KIDDING ME!! ALL I WANNA DO IS CHECK IN MY LUGGAGE SO I CAN HAVE SUPPER WITH MY FMAILY.... WHY MUST YOU BE SO DIFFICULT!!!!!"
So we get out of the line and stuff things in my back pack... stuffing and stuffing and stuffing. After we think its enough, we go back to the line and FINALLY everything was ok, except that I still had to pay 330$ for the excess weight to which I found out later on that if I had called Air Transat and explained to them my situation they could have accomodated me by either giving me extra kg's or giving me 50% off the excess weight fare...
!^%#@^$))@^# COULD I NOT HAVE KNOWN THAT BEFORE??? SERIOUSLY??????
Anyways thank you to my parents who paid half of the amount!!!!!!! :) I appreciate it!!!
After the whole shananigan, we had 1h left for supper and good-bye's, which was not nearly enough time!!

The flight went well despite the turbulance due to the horrible weather. The movies were good, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and... TWILIGHT!!! Sunshine, i thought about you the ENTIRE time Twilight was playing hahaha! :) The food was also amazing!!

When i got to paris, my friends Gilles was there to greet me, which was really awesome!! He had his car so we didn't have to carry all my stuff in the metro!!! FIOU!!!
The weather was so gorgeous!!! So warm!!! Im sure I would have caught a sun burn if I was out for a long time!!!! :)

When we were close to landing and I saw the different colored fields... shades of yellow, brown, light green, dark green.. and saw the white houses with the red roofs, i thought about the first time I landed in Paris with my sister. I remembered the nervous feeling i had.. the feeling of Unknown.... not knowing was to expect, then i remembered taking the train from this country to the other... and just having the best experience of my life. It made me smile. Knowing that for the next year, I COULD go to Germany if I want too.. I can go to Czech Republic if I want too.. I CAN even go to Ireland if I so desire too. There is so much that I can do and I am super excited that my adventure has begun!

I hope that everyone is doing well!!!
I will try and post some pictures soon, I just haven't quite figured out how to do so yet!!!!
Big Hugs to everyone!!! :)





Gen








THANX UNCLE PHIL FOR TELLING ME HOW TO POST PICTURES :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you should visit ireland, meet me there!

xx bisous, ayana