Monday, April 6, 2009

Productive Day !

Ah! Day One in Paris!!! What shall I do!!!! I gave myelf the week to relax before I start looking for a job and an apt. My friend Gilles is letting me stay at his house for a bit. So nice of him!!!!!! However I still want a place of my own, so I will eventually look for a room or something.
So I wake up around 9 get ready and leave. Hmm, what shall I do. Close to the apt, there is a mall. So i go in the mall and see that the three main cellphone companies have stores in the mall. I go to each of them and find the best option for me. Of course before I can activate a cellphone I need a proof of residence ( My friend Gilles can just write a letter saying I live with him) I need a valid ID ( My visa/ passport, no problem) and I need to have a " Carte Bleue" Which is simular to a credit card, but not quite a credit card. To get that, i need to open a bank account. So I go to the bank to open a account. To topen an account I need a proof of residency ( again Gilles can sign a paper) I need a valid ID, I need a photocopy of Gilles ID, a photocopy of an electric bill and I need a working contract.... hmm... a working contract... that means I need to find a job before I can get a cellphone... Thats Bogus!!! but...Oh well!!
So I gather all the information I need and I head out to the peace and love hostel! The best hostel in the world. Naima is working, when she sees me she becomes super excited and tells me she might have a job for me.. WHAT??! NO WAY!!! A hostel that is close to the Peace and Love Hostel. They sort of work together. While Naima was talking to the owner of the Hostel, a guy, Sami sitting beside me, starts talking to me. After talking for a bit, he asks me if I want to visit an apt with him in a few minutes because if he doesn't like it and doesn't want it, maybe I would. uh.. YEAH I DO!!! woh.. a job and a possible apt in 10 mins.. AWESOME!!
So I get the adress to the Hostel, say a BIG thank you to Naima, and head off with Sami to the Apt. It wasn't great at all, but at least I got to see what a Paris apt was really like and could now compare. Sami has been living in Paris for several years now and he also said it was an awful apt. So im guessing it wasn't that good. So we make plans to meet up later and I head out to meet the owner of the Hostel.
I get to the Hostel and a guy I know from the Peace and Love Hostel is already working there... SWEET! I meet the owner and she immediately tells me what my tasks will be, how much ill be making blablabla.... hmm... So... I get the job???? Do I??? I start training tomorrow from 11 to 2 then again on saturday from 4:30 to 6:30 and then we will decide together if it is a good job and if so, the contract will be signed on Monday.....
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!! WORKING IN A HOSTEL!!!! OH MY GODDDDD!!! YEAHHHHH!!! I will be making 80 euros a day for a 10 hour shift, 5 days a week. Its pretty sweet and definitely what I wanted as a job! Can't complain!
So then I go back to meet Sami and visit his apt, since he is leaving it. His apt is the cutest little apt I have ever seen in my life!!! NO JOKE!!!! But he would be leaving in only 2 months... and it is kind of expensive... and most of all.. not furnished.... which is no good for me.. as I need a furnished apt..... bummer!!! So we talk for a bit and then he shows me around the area, giving me litle tricks about shopping in Paris. VERY nice person!! He gave me his number and said to call him if I want to hang out. YAY MY FIRST PARIS FRIEND!! :) Yay for me!!
I go back to the Peace and Love and just started talking to everyone. Josh from Philadelphia who is not a major Flyers fan but loves the Phillies and soft Pretzels, Ian from Montreal who currently studies in Scotland and totally sounds british and not French canadian.. REALLLLY AWESOME GUY!! we only hung out for a few hours cuz he had to take his flight back to Scotland but it was sad to see him leave cuz he was super funny.... Andrea from Edmonton who is just so adorable and so pretty.... but is an Edmonton Oilers fan... :P And a guy names Milen who has been living in Paris for 8 years. I have seen him before when i stayed at the Peace and Love but just briefly talked to him. He is soooo nice and such a fun person to be around!!
Then when Jay arrived, the guy working at the Hostel, he told me he had an apt for me at 350- 400 Euro, just around the corner, all furnished, with a guy who is NEVER there... umm.. AWESOME!!! So tomorrow I am going for my training, then going to visit the apt...
I think you can say that my first day was OH SO PRODUCTIVE!!!!!! A job AND an apt?? Wow!! Things are starting to fall into place!!!! I can't lie, IM HAVING AN AWESOME TIME.. even if I have only been here for 2 days!!!!!!! :) I love it I love it I love it!!!!

I will keep you guys updated when I have more news about everything! In the mean time, please leave comments!! And if you do, please write your name becaue if you don't it will be written unknown and then I won't know who wrote the message!!!
Much much much love!!!
Gen!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Gen!

Your uncle Phil gave me the address to your blog!! I will follow your adventures!

Hope all is well and I wish you allllllll the best and enjoy au max!!

Cyn xox

Anonymous said...

WOW, I'll say like you, what a Productive Day. Have fun & enjoy your stay.
Love you!
Mom & Dad
xxx

Lucie said...

Sorry,

I'm the anonymous person. Did you recognize me?

I guess so eh! I signed my text.

Mylene said...

Howdy!

Who is that pretty girl with you in your pictures?

Im glad you had a productive day! Yay for you! I also had a very productive day....sniffing-wise :P

Dont we have the best annonymous mom in the world? hahahah