Thursday, April 9, 2009

What a BEAUTIFUL day in Paris

Wowowwwww!!!!
The weather was so beautiful today (Thursday). The sun was shining when I woke up........ at 1:30 pm.... yup... 1:30 pm...... I went to bed very late... NO mom... not because I was out partying all night long!!... but because I stayed on Msn and talked with my sister!! awww!! Valid excuse!!! Anyways so when I woke up, I opened my two huge French windows to let the sun shine in...... it was so perfect... really!!! even a little bird flew to the gate right beside my window and started singing... a FAIRY TALE!!! maybe i'll meet my prince charming!! haha! ;) Anyways, it was sooooooooooo warm.. I was wearing a hoody and I was too warm.... WAY TOO WARM....
then my mom sent me some pictures of all the snow that is in Val-d'or... and I ALMOST felt quilty to be walking around with just a tiny t-shirt... really.. I almost did!! :) Sorry people from Val-d'Or! Bon courage!
So I decided that today was the pefect day to take pictures of my room and a few of the neighborhood where I live for the moment. (I am visiting my possible future apt on the 13th, if I like it I can move in on the 15th, and if that doesn't work out, my friend Jesper, who works at the Peace and Love offered me a place to stay.. so either way... I won't be homeless..hehe )

So this is my chamber of secrets. Notice my big french window. There are two windows and they open up completely. It's awesome!! Go Phillies.













This is what I see when I am sitting on the bed. My little computer area. Notice the picture of my family hanging on the wall... awwwww!! :) I am super comfortable!! Really i can't complain. Its really cute! I have a huge dresser that i can store all my clothes in. That little black desk on the left is where I store my papers and electronics and stuff... its wonderful!!










Well that is about it for now. :)

I had a really good day today. I met up with my friend Milen at the Peace and Love Hostel. We had a "sort of coffee".. YES YES I had a "sort of coffee"... mmm it was wonderful!!! Then I went to visit his apartment.. ITS HUGE!!! A huge room!!! I hope my apt is like that because wow... I would love it... I would never come back home ;).... maybe it shouldn't be that wonderful then. Then we went to check out a gym.. and the gym had an ice rink and we can play hockey.... I mean I won't... but its still cool! :) I also learned that French people have a hard time understanding me.. not only because of my hard core accent.. but because I talk TOOOO fast.... I have to watch out for that!

After that we went back to the peace... and a soccer game started so the hostel was packed with locals who were watching the game. I started talking with a few people and they were going to their friends house to watch a second game, which is a 30 sec walk from the hostel. So they invited me to go with them so I did.... ok so soccer is not my fav sport, I can't say I had an AMAZING time watching the game.. but just hanging out with 12 people I never met before was A LOT of fun!.. A LOT of fun!! My some of the words they use are just so funny... way too funny!!! so that was fun it make my day very interesting!!! I love hanging out at the hostel because I just meet sooo many people! Ok so a lot of them aren't there for too long.. but there are also a lot of locals that hang out there to watch the games, so its pretty sweet!!

So as not to forget my french canadian roots... I am going to end this here as I am currently listening to the Habs vs. Bruins game. It is 2:18 am... pff...so what!!!!GO HABS GO!!!! GO HABS GO!!!!

Hope al is well for everyone!! :)

Miss you

Gen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok... i'll figure out how not to be anonymous later... I'm so happy to see pictures!! Seems like life is quite good over there!!

Love you!!
xxx Jo